<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Flickr: Forums: FlickrIdeas: Idea for photo sharing with non account holding friends/family

"As you can tell, I feel strongly about this, having used a Flickr pro account for some months now.
1. There are many friends and family I will not subject to my creating an account for them without their prior permission. They find it an offensive invasion and I was embarrassed the first time I unwittingly did this. (Sub point, change the wording on the Flickr bit of an invite so my friends are not presented with a fait accompli)
2. The current process of creating a group is aweful for those of us with more to do than play with our computers, ie with any sort of life. Copying three email addresses at a time, three words at a time from my email address book, is unnecessarily tedious. I dont have the time to do it nearly as much as I wish to share photos. I am much more likely to introduce friends to lovely Flickr if I can send an URL and password of a private set to an existing email address book group, of eg twenty who attended a function.
3. I will not make public photos of many people, especially in a set and some of them just don't want an existing account so an URL to a public set is not good enough.
4. Having to sign them up again for a new group each time I publish photos for a unique event is redundant rude and inefficient.

I know that an url and password enabling access to a specific private set would suit me and the communities I serve very well.
"

Item posted by Rob @ 1/08/2005 08:37:00 am ACDST U+9.30 |
to top
 

 

to top